Cellar Craft CC Late harvest Riesling SG 1.024

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noontime

Custom Label Printing & Design
Reaction score
We racked our riesling last weekend (this is second racking so f-pack has been added) and the SG was 1.024. We made this wine a few years ago and it was a very sweet wine obviously, being a late harvest...but 1.024 seems a bit high. Is this a normal reading for a sweet desert wine?

I didn't take any notes the last time we made this so I have nothing to compare it to.

We racked our riesling last weekend (this is second racking so f-pack has been added) and the SG was 1.024. We made this wine a few years ago and it was a very sweet wine obviously, being a late harvest...but 1.024 seems a bit high. Is this a normal reading for a sweet desert wine?

I didn't take any notes the last time we made this so I have nothing to compare it to.

Being a late harvest, it is a dessert wine and should be very sweet.
Just curious, what was the ending SG before you racked off of secondary and added the F-pack?

Actually I think 1.024 S.G. is a little low for a dessert wine. I'm nearing the end of making a batch of WE Okanagan Peach Ice Wine and my ending S.G. is going to be around 1.050 S.G.

That's good to know Dokki, thanks. The late harvest is not going to be nearly as sweet as an ice wine but that's the kind of reference I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back