Cellar Craft CC Amarone 1.000, add yeast or K-meta and Sorbate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
First Happy Thanksgiving guys. Sorry that I disappear until I need something lately.

Two weeks ago I started a CC Amarone with grape pack (my fave kit) and subbed the EC1118 for my preferred RC212, two packs actually. This substitution worked last time but this time it seems to have stuck at SG 1.000. My wines are usually dry by one week given our warm weather and being inside my kitchen. I racked it off of the dead yeast today and tasted, OH GOSH its delicious. My question is should I add a pack of EC1118 to get it lower? Or do I leave it at 1.000 and add K-meta and let it sit, possibly adding the Sorbate since it's not super dry? I don't plan to do any clearing unless it doesn't clear enough as it bulk ages for 7 or 9 months. I've never tasted a kit this good at two weeks so I want to mess with it as little as possible.

ps. Should I degas it if I add the K-meta now?

I'd be tempted to not mess with it if you think it tastes so good. But certainly use the sorbate (which may alter the taste).

I would let it sit a few more days. What's the wine temp? Maybe the 212 needs to be a little warmer to finish off the ferment. My CC amarone went to .994 and I switched out the yeast as well.

Thanks Jim & Coleman
I'll strap on a brew belt and give it a few more days then hit it with the K-meta. If the SG goes down a few notches I'll skip the Sorbate and fuggetaboutit. If it stays at 1.000 ill add the Sorbate, which I haven't added to a kit in at least 3 or 4 years.

You've done this kit a few times, what does it normally finish at?

2 weeks is nothing! Keep it warm, let it sit until it finishes remember patience, patience, patience

Good question Jim. Recent Amarone kit SG 998, 998 and 996. Checking today after racking on the 28th its moving again. Now down to .998. Im happy for it to stop here.

Latest posts

Back