Cat litter ... in wine?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m doing it now... Will let you know if it tastes like or not in the near figure. The cheap cat litter in the Dollar Store is pure bentonite clay. Throw it in a blender and let her rip tater chip!!!

Well have a look at the ingredients in the better canned cat foods and hey, they sound good, but; unless there is some sort of apocalypse I'm not trying it.

In junior high a student mentioned that he like milkbone dog biscuits. Teacher let him bring some in and many of us tried one bite. Ash is/was part of the ingredients and that thing was nasty. (That was about 50-60 years ago. Nowadays that teacher would be fired - go figure)

I'm never in that much of a hurry to use the bentonite so I'll stick with the right stuff. Standards for clumping cat poo material and "food grade" products are a little different to say the least. Buy sunflower seeds for birds and compare to a snack bag of same, a lot of extra 'fiber' in that birdseed.

Fun fact - most if not all, I'm not positive currently. But at one time all canned dog and cat food had to be safe for human consumption. For reason that people will eat it because it's cheap and plentiful. Also for times of food shortages. I actually knew a older lady that her family couldn't get her not to eat canned cat food.

I buy sunflower seed to feed the birds and corn to feed deer, guess I could eat those as well. Just toast the sunflower seeds and grind the corn into cornmeal
. 😙😱😱😱

Fun fact - most if not all, I'm not positive currently. But at one time all canned dog and cat food had to be safe for human consumption. For reason that people will eat it because it's cheap and plentiful. Also for times of food shortages. I actually knew a older lady that her family couldn't get her not to eat canned cat food.
Old family story. An uncle came home drunk one night hungry. Next morning he commented about how good that canned hash in the fridge tasted. His mother and siister looked at each other and said nothing. There was no canned hash in the fridge, but the dog only ate half his can of food the day before. (Uncle also known for BAD. Temper so he was never told.)

scooter i am learning to appreciate your humor.
In junior high a student mentioned that he like milkbone dog biscuits. Teacher let him bring some in and many of us tried one bite. Ash is/was part of the ingredients and that thing was nasty. (That was about 50-60 years ago. . . . .
An uncle came home drunk . . .

Latest posts

Back