Casual observation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ex got a computer from a friend for $200. It was an HP, 1.7GHz, 80 Gb HD, running WinXP-Home. She didn't like it. Thought it was a piece of junk, even though she said "it was fine in the beginning". I got in to clean it up and found it has NEVER been defragged in the 3 years she owned it, System Restore was turned off, there was no anti-anything software installed...even Windows firewall was shut down.
The thing purrs like a kitten with a full tummy, now. :D
(P.S. I got rid of 23 Gb of "junk", 500 registry entries, and that doesn't even count the old programs/games that were uninstalled.)

You can clone a beer with extract kits but I doubt you will be able to with the wort in bag kits. Most extract recipes use malt extract, steeping grains, a particular hop(s) and specific yeast. It is a whole lot easier than it sounds.

Many online vendors such as Midwest, Norther Brewer, and More Beer have clone kits although I doubt they have you particular beer. What you do there if that is a local beer for you is either do a search to see if you can find a recipe or find a local brewer who has cloned it.

You can also just call, visit, or email the brewery if it is local for you. You will be suprised that many brewers will actually give you their recipe. The Hop bill, yeast strain, and water profile are the most important factors in duplicating a recipe. Now to get in the range is easy but you need to know what hops they use and strain of yeast

Thanks, Surfe. More Beer has an "American Pale Ale" that they say is comparable to "domestic ales". They also say it's kinda limp, but that's their opinion, and they're comparing it to stout ales. The kit's cheap, $20 and the yeast they recommend for it is only $3.

Back