Carboys on Concrete?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every election there's a candidate who isn't running again or has signs too damaged to reuse. It's bad PR to send signs to landfill. You can get a lifetime supply of them from a single call. They work perfectly as cushions for your carboys.
Yep. Absolutely love that stuff. Ive also grabbed a stack of old campaign signs too lol. I use it for everything. Both work & personal. Floor/ICRA protection, sanitizable wall panels for different covid jobs, etc. plus endless uses at home. Especially when doing things like painting, bondo or spackle.

Still have a stack of fire-rated 4x8 sheets and I find myself using it a lot. A little duct tape & corrugated plastic and you can MacGuyver anything. Big fan. It’s durable, lightweight, waterproof, and cuts w/ just a utility knife. Even just last week used it for a makeshift tool shelf.

5273CCAE-3B14-42CA-BEDF-3ABF3AD32E14.jpeg

Even pseudo milk crates work well. A six gallon carboy should weigh over 50 lbs when full (8 gallons of liquid plus the weight of the glass) and these crates can easily hold 60 lbs or more I generally store all my carboys in crates and only move them when filled using the crates and I work on a lino covered concrete basement. But as Jim Welch acknowledged: flying shattered glass does the same kind of (lethal) damage as shrapnel.

I need to find me some 6 gallon carboys that hold 8, :)

Back