• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

carboys for sale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyiswine

Reaction score
I have two six gallon (23l) and one larger (6.5 or maybe 7 gal) carboys for sale. Clean and ready. I am moving and trying to get rid of a few things to save space on the moving truck. $20 each. I am in Temple TX and you would need to come pick up or depending how far I could perhaps meet you part way.

Urg. It would be cheaper to ship it out man.. The only people that are more than likely going to willingly meet u is if they also live on Texas.. I live in Arkansas which is ur next state beside you.. I would totally buy it for $20 if it was shipped tho..

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I guess I should clarify that I will be willing to drive about an hour to meet you so that pretty much limits it to someone between Austin and Dallas. I figured I would post on here first and see if someone wanted them, otherwise they will go up for sale on craigslist or in the garage sale In a couple of weeks.

When I get an over abundance of them I sell them on Craig s list 3/$50. They may go for more around your place so I would list them for $25 each or 3/$60 and hope one person just comes and buys all three.

For those wondering, an over abundance is when I buy a pile of them for 5-10 each and turn around and sell most of them keeping a few of the best ones for myself.

Yeah but a lot of people on here I've noticed are all over the US.. I am in Arkansas and San Antonio is 8 hours away from me..

Sp33dymonk3y,

You need to understand for him to ship those carboys, he would need to buy packing material, pack them up as best as he can, take them to a shipper, a lot more to it than just selling them locally and when you would get them there is still no guarantee that they would not be broken, no matter how well he packs them up. And what happens if they are broken, then what? And would you be willing to pay for them before they are shipped? There are just too many reasons why not to ship them.

Yeah if it's locally I understand. I know shipping is like $20 also so it's not cheap

Wish you were in San Antonio. Looking for more carboys.

Making wine in South Texas since March 2014

Well hmm. In about 6 months I will be in San antonio:) my wife is in the Air Force and has training their in 6 months for about 9-13 months and we will be stationed their so!:D

Latest posts

Back