carboy handle placement

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
OK simpleton question from a simpleton,,
I have my handles between the two rings on my carboys but I read they should below the second ring, I have wondered because they seem a little big where they are at, I do not use them for lifting full carboys, I use then during cleaning when adding k-meta to make sanitary so one gallon max when I lift spin And drain, so where do you venters with tons of grey matter place yours,
Dawg:ft

Olbuscap

Reaction score
Below the second ring. To make it easier, I remove the handle from the clamp ring then use a snap ring pliers to spread the clamp ring to clear the increased diameter of the second ring. And, yep, only lift an empty carboy with the handle.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
very N.E. Arkansas in the instep of MO, BOOTHILL,,
I know that was a no brained question, but I did have mine between the rings and never liked how loose they were, I read on a post on here that below the second ring was correct placement, but on top of learning better wine making I have learned WMT always stirs me write, I follow many of you so I can find and rest your post and replies of which I lea4n more without bothering you, I tank you one and all AND THE WMT SITE, I HAVE RECOMMENDED MANY TO THIS SITE, , yet again I am honored to be with you nutts,,, you make me feel at home thank everyone for this,,,
Dawg

Latest posts