carboy dryer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffaloricky

Reaction score
can you make carboy dryers out of pvc? Has anyone made any and do you have pictures?

Thanks

Just curious. Why do you want to dry your carboys? For storage? I store them with some k-meta solution in them and a solid bung.

I want to store them upside down and I seen carboy dryers online but they don't work when you have handles on the carboys(which I have on mine). I thought I seen someone on here say they made some out of PVC pipe which accomodates the handles.

Yes I made them out of 6" pvc couplings. I never use them though. I always store my carboys with an inch of sanitizer in them. So they either get used immediately or stored like I said. I never drain them out.

DSCN2063.jpg

Empty Carboy......so sad. I actually have an empty one too for when my fresh juice comes in! I want to have somewhere to put it when the time comes. I promised my husband he could use one to try making a stout, but that hasn't happened yet either!:ib

Thanks dan that is what I was looking for. I agree it's better to have them full.
Thanks everyone.

Yep, I have empty carboys also awaiting the Chilean grapes. Might be this weekend but i hope not as I really have too many plans but if they come I want to grab them and get to work.

I always store my carboys with about a gallon warm water and what ever sanitizer you use. As the water cools it will lower the pressure and suck the rubber stopper in for a nice air tight seal. When you need a clean carboy a quick rinse and you are good to go.

Back