Carbonating hard lemonade

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSwiner

Reaction score
Is it possible to carbonate hard lemonade the way you do beer or the New millennium sparkling wine ? Do you think it would work ?

You can do it if you have a CO2 tank (that's what I have). If you have a corney keg is one way. You can buy a carbonator that you can use on a soda bottle.

How much do they run roughly the bottle carbonator ? Are they alot of work ? Off to look that up now .

@ homebrew stores 12-$15. You need a CO2 tank though
OR you can make one

Check this out if you want to make one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJD0bv9kLAQ[/ame]

I carbonated the beer way using beer yeast that was supposed to give up at 6% alc. It didn't give up as I'd hoped and exploded 3 Grolsh bottles:) If I try it again when the carbonation gets to where I like it I'll just bring the temp. up to 168F to pasturize it.

You can bottle it just like a ber by letting it finish fermenting and then add a little more sugar and mix it thoroughly and bottle it without adding sulfite or sorbate. Youll have to use beer bottles or champagne bottles and crown caps or champagne stoppers to do this.

Thanks wade I have soem beer bottles hubby is using right now but time it's ready I'm sure he would have drank enough of the beer by then . Do you think the same measurement of sugar to lemonade ratio would be the same as beer ?

I carbonated the beer way using beer yeast that was supposed to give up at 6% alc. It didn't give up as I'd hoped and exploded 3 Grolsh bottles:) If I try it again when the carbonation gets to where I like it I'll just bring the temp. up to 168F to pasturize it.

WOW! and it's hard to explode them there thick bottles! :rdo

WOW! and it's hard to explode them there thick bottles! :rdo
Sure hated loosing those three. The whole batch of bottles were in a plastic tub and would you believe that an exploding bottle blew a hole in the tub.:(

Sure hated loosing those three. The whole batch of bottles were in a plastic tub and would you believe that an exploding bottle blew a hole in the tub.:(

Yeah...I read the higher the alcohol content of your bottled wine, the higher chances of making a wine-bomb. Poor tub. :rn

Latest posts

Back