Carbon Dioxide tank to make sparkling wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manley1010

Junior
Reaction score
I have a tank of carbon dioxide with pressure gauge.

Is there a kit to attached to a single champagne bottle to make a sparkling wine?

TIA for your help.

Manley

Thanks Wade for you help.

I have seen an attachment to a single bottle but it was a long time ago.

I have been searching the web with little success.

Manley

Wade,

Right you are, I just found such a web site with reference to a carbonator.

Manley

The Carbonator is what I use. You can also make one cheaper

Here is the URL on how to make a carbonator
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJD0bv9kLAQ[/ame]
As he said get a A-80 adaptor
I made some this way.

i was kinda wondering this to. Not to make a sparkling wine for storage but to consu,e right away. I was thinking more like the seltzer sprayer you see clowns on TV using. Would this same thing work for wine, water, whatever? Know what I mean?

Thanks Tom,

It looks simple enough. Any thoughts on carbonating wine in a 2 liter bottle and transfering it to a champagne bottle and corking it?

Time frame for carbonitation? Minutes, days, two life times. :)

Manley

The key is get it as cold as possible. Crank the CO2 pressure to 50psi. add,shake,repeat till you get what you need = done.
You will lose to much transferring it to a bottle

I would not try transfering this from one bottle to another as like Tom said you will lose way to much carbonation.

Gift of the gods

Tom,

You are a wealth of information, tks again.

I have reviewed the U-Tube on making a carbonator. My thinking now is to see if I can drill a plastic champagne cork wired to the bottle and follow his proceedure.

My My how things evolve. I would how long it took our ancestors to discover fermentation was a gift of the gods?

Manley

I would not try transfering this from one bottle to another as like Tom said you will lose way to much carbonation.
I said you would lose to much transferringtp a bottle (not recommended)

Tom,

You are a wealth of information, tks again.

I have reviewed the U-Tube on making a carbonator. My thinking now is to see if I can drill a plastic champagne cork wired to the bottle and follow his proceedure.

My My how things evolve. I would how long it took our ancestors to discover fermentation was a gift of the gods?

Manley
There is a wealth of onfo in this forum. If the mods can't answer there are PLENTY here that will.
Just ASK...:b

so what about the seltzer bottle method? I haven't looked at your "carbonator" method yet but I will

Well Troy what are you waiting for? Ck out the YouTube link

Takes me over an hour to download a 3 minute video at my connection speed, will wait till later while I am sleeping.

Probably 6-12" nothing like you guys got unless it changes or they screw up. Thats enough for me though. :re

Latest posts

Back