Captan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrssmd

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While looking to top up my Captan 50WP supply today I have found it almost impossible to find -- everywhere I looked were indications that it was out of stock. I thought perhaps it was one of those supply chain situations, but then I found one online retailer had posted that the manufacturer has discontinued making it.

Did I miss something? I hope I am mistaken. Grateful for further information anyone can provide on this.

I bought 30 pounds this Spring and it appears Keystone has the 30 lbs but not the smaller packages. Flamingo Emporium, where did you find that ad I need a small package too.

They are out too. It looks like only the large amounts are available. I hadn't heard that it had been discontinued. I would think I would have heard through the Vineyard Association. if it is discontinued everyone is going to have a rough time and more vineyards will have to turn to the systemic sprays that will cause more resistance.

For now, I guess I'll have to tap into my main vineyard supply for the small annex of 91 vines.

They are out too. It looks like only the large amounts are available. I hadn't heard that it had been discontinued. I would think I would have heard through the Vineyard Association. if it is discontinued everyone is going to have a rough time and more vineyards will have to turn to the systemic sprays that will cause more resistance.

For now, I guess I'll have to tap into my main vineyard supply for the small annex of 91 vines.
For what it's worth below capture is on one of the online providers. But I found no mention of discontinuation on Drexel website.

1655845276257.png

Latest posts

Back