Candy Cane wine Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a light mead and racked it onto some peppermint tea and raw sugar. I liked it much better than the candy cane wine I made a couple years ago, it was too plasticy.

My peppermint Patty wine is aging in the carboy for about a year now, and getting close to bottling. I wanted to make sure I had extracted all the chocolate from the 85% cacao bars. It smells really good! Taste is interesting to say the least.

My peppermint Patty wine is aging in the carboy for about a year now, and getting close to bottling. I wanted to make sure I had extracted all the chocolate from the 85% cacao bars. It smells really good! Taste is interesting to say the least.

Doug are you getting and peppermint flavor? And did you use a Niagara or a apple base?

I added a couple cans of Niagara concentrate to this base. I can smell both Peppermint and Choc. I can taste both as well, but the mint is weak. I pretty much followed your recipe. I still have a bottle of mint extract if it needs a minty boost or maybe a candy cane F-pack. I' working on my peach wine today. Just pulled the peaches from the freezer to make room for the Turkey.;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back