Canadian e-tailers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanterax

Reaction score
I'm assuming that "Americas" also includes Canada. When I started looking into making my own wine, I quickly found out that my local store doesn't carry everything and did not know about stuff I learned was part of basic winemaking knowledge. They don't know what Campden is, or a wine agitator. Heck, they don't even sell bottle drainers. A brewbelt? They don't know what that is.

So I searched for Canadian online stores. Found two and thought I'd share for fellow canucks wanting to buy items their local store don't carry. I ordered from both and am satisfied with the experience.

http://www.5gallons.ca/
http://www.clickabrew.com/

Maybe there are others that I don't know. Please share...

I actually had to use Clickabrew to get my RJS Orange Chocolate Port kit as the retailer i pre-ordered it from sent mine somewhere else and they did not have a replacement so i had to really do some searching as everyone else seemed to be sold out or more expensive. It was cheaper to get it there with shipping to Ct. then most places a heck of a lot closer so that place is a good place IMO!

Vanterax:

Would have thought Brampton would have more than one local retailer. Have you checked around?

Unfortunately, many Ferment on Premise stores are not interested in the home winemaker. The nearest store to me refused to order a kit for me, even though I picked up the flyer about it at that store.

Fortunately for me, I am about 30 minutes from the Vineco company store, so can get anything that they distribute. A nearby Winexpert store also supports the home winemaker.

Steve

With the huge number of ferment-on-premise shops around, there are a good number run by folks who know very little about wine and winemaking... sure they make a lot of kits in the shop, but I've found that they are often very deficient in any broader knowledge and experience regarding winemaking. I don't think I could count the number of times I've received incorrect or just downright wrong information from the proprietors of such shops. You've just got to find the right shop that has a fair amount of experience serving home winemakers rather than just doing ferment-on-premise. If you live in Brampton, I'm sure there are plenty of shops around that you could check out. In Ontario, pretty well all homebrew shops order equipment from ABC Cork... they distribute almost anything you'll need, so you could always just ask your local shop to order equipment from them for you... most shops should be pretty accommodating in this regard.

Unfortunately, many Ferment on Premise stores are not interested in the home winemaker.

That has been my experience with all of them except one. Magnotta on Hurontario, south of Steeles. But their home winemaking section is rather small. I tend to stick around the area around my house. For anything farther, I might as well shop online. But that's for equipment only. For juice, Magnotta has some quite good 21L juice buckets. But their knowledge is sometimes questionable. Now knowing what a brew belt is? I had quite a look when I asked for one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back