Can you identify this?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should get half of the prize because I said feather. send my half to Troy M Sauve, Box 555555, Alaska. Please don't send the whole turkey!! Pisses the postmaster off! LOL

I should get half of the prize because I said feather. send my half to Troy M Sauve, Box 555555, Alaska. Please don't send the whole turkey!! Pisses the postmaster off! LOL
Since that was a tail feather, I'll just send you the part it came from! :) :db

Hummm...

Okay, here's one for you. About 25 years ago, my friend was given a set of these disks when he was into boating in NY State. Each disk is about 3 1/2" across and 3/8" thick. Can anyone figure out their function?

SignalDisksm.jpg
[/IMG]

You got me for now OP. But I HAVE seen these somewhere, just cant remeber when, why, or how. Minds getting cloudy. Any clues?
Troy

I would guess caps for the tubes that held the flags shown. Those flags being the alphabet flags using the international flag and pennant marking system.
The symbols shown on this cap are for letters (starting top center then clockwise) SAOCRET
Most have addidtional meanings as well..
S= sierra = Engines going astern
A= alpha = Diver down: keep clear
O= oscar = man overboard...

and so on...:fsh

I would guess caps for the tubes that held the flags shown. Those flags being the alphabet flags using the international flag and pennant marking system.
The symbols shown on this cap are for letters (starting top center then clockwise) SAOCRET
Most have addidtional meanings as well..
S= sierra = Engines going astern
A= alpha = Diver down: keep clear
O= oscar = man overboard...

and so on...:fsh
You have the key. How are you at anagrams? :h

hmmm... S A O C R E T

A SECTOR
cat rose
act sore
Feel free to chime in folks... :dg

Latest posts

Back