Can someone identify this please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh, I see. The principal reason I said that I did not think those were grapes, based on the first picture, was the very non-grapey leaves. However, the second picture has much more grapey leaves. I now infer that the leaves in the first picture are from the tree that this vine is wrapped around. Is my inference correct?

Oh, I see. The principal reason I said that I did not think those were grapes, based on the first picture, was the very non-grapey leaves. However, the second picture has much more grapey leaves. I now infer that the leaves in the first picture are from the tree that this vine is wrapped around. Is my inference correct?
Yep. So if they are then what's the best way to take them? The ground is a major tripping hazard. Do grapes vines spread and then re-root?

Looks like Riparia to me. I've got it all over my yard and climbing up into trees and everything. Do whatever you want with them, they will come back, and with a vengeance. I've got one Riparia by a stump that I've mowed maybe a dozen times and it doesn't seem any worse for wear.

Get some roundup and spray all the leaves. It won't hurt your tree if you only get it on the bark. After 4-7 days you should see the vines all wilting. you can then cut them off. Roundup gets into the roots so it's usually pretty good at killing stuff.

Fantastic. Thanks for all the helpful replies.

Try and minimize the craft beers and IPA’s in the house too. Also make sure you get rid of any unknown independent bands, wes Anderson movies, Urban Outfitters & Whole Foods.
We’ll get these pesky bearded flannel shirt pests under control for ya!

Fantastic. Thanks for all the helpful replies.

The first image looks like a pear leaf, so if it is growing wild, it could be the offspring of a Bradford pear (considered an invasive species in some parts). But the grape looks to be a fox grape vs. a frost grape. Just the opinion of a 'budding' dendrologist.

Latest posts

Back