Can someone give advice please

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_1977

Junior
Reaction score
So, I love wine... and decided to attempt to make my own. However i have no clue where to begin, and where to purchase equipment from.... what is a fair price for a kit? Can anyone give me some advice... I really want it to come out great!!!

Most important question...

what part of the world do you live in?

We'll be able to help a lot more if we know this.

Steve

cpfan is right. Where do you live? That will allow us to answer your questions. I had typed out a nice long post explaining tons of stuff but once again I get logged out if I type for over 10 minutes. That needs to be fixed. Give us an idea where you are located and we can go from there.

Smurfe :)

I'm a newbie like you and I got started by getting a wine ingredients kit for Christmas. I've been home brewing beer for a long time so I had most of the equipment required.
The one thing I would do differently is more research. Find a good book on wine making and then it will be easier for you to understand what you need to get started.
Good luck and let us know when you get started.

Katie_1977 I am from Holland (the European version :p ) so I can not give you advise on where to buy your stuff. But I am sure there will a beer/wine brewers shop around somewhere were you live.

I can give you the advise to look at these threads in this forum.

Heavily edited by LUC
Sorry put down the wrong url this is the good one:
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85

Favorite Books
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11

The first one gives you a clue on what you need, and the second one will lead you to some great books (some are even free downloadable). Feel free to ask anything you would like to know. We will be glad to help.

Luc

Last edited:
Katie, I buy 99% of my stuff from The Winemakers Toy Store. The website is:

http://www.finevinewines.com

You won't find a nicer guy to buy from who stands behind everything he sells 110%. He has numerous starter packages available and will custom build one for what ever you need. Just give him a call. He will answer any question you can think of and makes himself available almost around the clock.

One other word of advice, don't be tempted by the places that offer free shipping. Do some research at what their product price is vs. a place that offers lower prices and charges shipping. You will find many are much cheaper that route. That is why I buy from the place I do. Competitive prices, no bogus shipping up charges for handling, and a guarantee on everything he sells. I am sure others will pop in here to advise where they buy from.

Smurfe :)

Thanks guys!!! I am in california.. ventura county. I will check out that site.. thanks smurfe....Luc i also appreciate your links you added... that is too kind.
I am going to look at a wine, beer and cheese making shop today.. we got a beer kit from him for a great price , so we will see. The kits come with a book, so i will make sure to look over the book heavily before i start.

Thanks again.....
:eek:
katie

Latest posts

Back