RJ Spagnols Can I Double It Up??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maestro

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Hey gang, long time no see! I'm sure there's a ton of new faces here since I was last on back in the day. I'll throw up a reintroduction here soon. But first, the meat and potatoes of my question....

I just got lucky and scored the last two Cru Specialty Orange Chocolate Port kits that I could find anywhere online. Now, I'm getting these started real soon so I'll have them as Christmas gifts this year. My question is this....Can I double up the two kits into one 6 gallon batch (they are 3 gallon kits each) by just combining everything in the two kits into one 7.9 primary fermenter and then later racking into one 6 gallon carboy....orrrrrrrr, do I just need to ferment them separately in two 3 gallon batches?

Joe "Maestro"

Hey gang, long time no see! I'm sure there's a ton of new faces here since I was last on back in the day. I'll throw up a reintroduction here soon. But first, the meat and potatoes of my question....

I just got lucky and scored the last two Cru Specialty Orange Chocolate Port kits that I could find anywhere online. Now, I'm getting these started real soon so I'll have them as Christmas gifts this year. My question is this....Can I double up the two kits into one 6 gallon batch (they are 3 gallon kits each) by just combining everything in the two kits into one 7.9 primary fermenter and then later racking into one 6 gallon carboy....orrrrrrrr, do I just need to ferment them separately in two 3 gallon batches?

Joe "Maestro"

Combine them. I did the same with a couple of 3 gallon WE port kits and it worked out perfectly.

Abso-freakin-lutely combine them. Twice the wine for the same amount of work. They may not be 'ready for prime time' by Christmas though.

Well here we are after Christmas and the doubling up of the Orange Chocolate Port went superbly! Thank you for your words of wisdom saying I could double up. The port is phenomenal.

Did a double LaBodega Port last year, this year 4 at once, 12 gallons!

Latest posts

Back