Camden tablets and bulk aging

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowhunter32

Junior
Reaction score
I've done an awful lot of searching on this and could not find it. I know 1 tab per gallon 24 hours before pitching yeast. Then it is said to add again when fermentation is done and again before bottling. Some say with every rerack. My question is how much do you add when fermentation is complete? And then how long will that last until you have to add more and bottle? What if you are bulk aging? How much and how often? Thanks

I've done an awful lot of searching on this and could not find it. I know 1 tab per gallon 24 hours before pitching yeast. Then it is said to add again when fermentation is done and again before bottling. Some say with every rerack. My question is how much do you add when fermentation is complete? And then how long will that last until you have to add more and bottle? What if you are bulk aging? How much and how often? Thanks

One tablet, per gallon, every three months is the rule of thumb if you can't test your so2 levels. Dose at completion of AF. You'll probably rack off of sediment a time or two before your first three month period ends, you can boost it a bit at each racking if you like since racking agitation/aeration uses some up.

Back