Calgary, AB - Best Wine Shop?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsJones

Reaction score
I’m heading to Calgary for a few days and need an acid test kit and a few other odds and ends. What’s the best wine supply shop there?

Thanks!
Jess

If I might make a suggestion..?

Consider investing in a digital pH meter. Then you can measure BOTH pH and TA. Additionally your TA measurement will only require one chemical and the tests will be very accurate.

Sorry I can't recommend a supply shop for you.

If I might make a suggestion..?

Consider investing in a digital pH meter. Then you can measure BOTH pH and TA. Additionally your TA measurement will only require one chemical and the tests will be very accurate.

Sorry I can't recommend a supply shop for you.

Thank you for the suggestion! I've been trying to figure out what would be a good model to buy - hoping a shop can direct me but if you have a suggestion on make/model that would be amazing. I could also buy on Amazon too. I've heard that Hanna produces some good ones.

I've just started using my second pH tester (first was less than $20.00 and lasted 4 years.) This is the one I have now.* Instructions for calibrating stink but once calibrated it seems to work great. It came two sets of calibrating powder to mix with distilled water. Just keep some distilled water on hand for rinsing and get some new calibration solution/powder pks when you open the last one.

You also need some sodium hydoxide IF you want to do the TA testing if you want to do that as well as pH. If you do a TA test you have to toss out that sample but if you just use the pH meter and not add the sodium hydroxide - then you can return the sample to your batch.

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-meter-PH1...GWMVD1HH5XES54TP6TN2&qid=1567880115&s=gateway

Latest posts

Back