Cab Syrah Blend

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie

Reaction score
Ok I know @Boatboy24, @sour_grapes, @JohnT and @Ibglowin have had to make a cab/Syrah blend. Anybody else?

I plan on making it but need to know some specifics, is it a 50/50 blend?

Last edited:
Did 2 different blends with the 2015's. Both had Petite Sirah as well. Syrah/Cab/Petite Sirah order: first was 70/20/10 and the second was 30/60/10

Have seen just about every permutation on the blend. Depends on what you have on hand as far as amounts to play with. They have all turned out very good with time.

Ok I know @Boatboy24, @sour_grapes, @JohnT and @Ibglowin have had to make a cab/Syrah blend. Anybody else?

I plan on making it but need to know some specifics, is it a 50/50 blend?

I could see a knockoff of Mount Rushmore with the reliefs of those four, will call it Mount Blend...

I need to see a mug shot of @sour_grapes before I can determine the best order on the "mount".

Last edited:
I do it each year and purely by tasting. Often merlot, petit sirs, and petit Verdot get included but it all depends on the year. I line ten glasses up with 100% Cab on one end and Syrah on the other. 10% gradients and my wife and I armed with pencils and pads taste away. Once we narrow it down to a couple of glasses, we refine and add the petits as spices. No we don't spit, much more fun:ib We do repeat and adjust again, and again till we get it right.

2014 was 38 Cab, 50 Syrah, and 12 PS.

I normally do a field blend, adding anywhere from 10 to 20% syrah to my cabernets.

.. And I have a body that should be donated to science fiction.

I have a Syrah(60%) + Cab Franc(40%) blend that initially wasn't the best tasting wine. After 6 months in the bottle, it changed and now everyone loves it!

I have a face made for radio....

Mine has broken microphones before, you don't get out that easy...

I normally do a field blend, adding anywhere from 10 to 20% syrah to my cabernets.

.. And I have a body that should be donated to science fiction.

You guys are making it tough, maybe we should go this direction...

12-29-16_backside.jpg

Latest posts

Back