Other Cab Noir?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mismost

Reaction score
I made a Fontana Cab and a Pinot Noir. The Cab is NOT to be confused with a real Cab...but, it ain't bad. The Pinot? Heck, I don't even know what a Pinot is suppose to taste like...but, it ain't bad. Neither one really wowed me...both very young...maybe better in a year.

So, I'm cooking dinner tonight and there sits half a bottle of the Cab and about a 1/4 bottle of the Pinot....small kitchen, I need the space...so I poured the two into one bottle. WOW! Now it's WOW! What a difference the blend made...it is much, much better than either wine is alone.

Torn between what to do now. Think I'll just always open one of each and blend in the glass.

Sounds like you should make another batch of each and experiment with different blend ratios before bottling. pick the best ratio and blend away, but maybe bulk age the blend for a few months before betting to give the two wines some time to really come together.

Mismost, I had the same thing happen to me with a Cab & Blackberry from concentrate. Both seemed flat, boring. After they were bottled I blended 1/3 Blackberry & 2/3 Cab. Walla not awesome, but very good! Roy

I will not re-make the Cab....that was a big mistake on my part....I WAY overshot the SG and it is still sweet after LOTS of tannins and oak.

BIG post-it on my wall....USE YOUR HYDROMETER!

Latest posts

Back