C-c-c

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elmer

Reaction score
I had a recipe. How ever due to extra supplies I pulled an audible on brew day.

For 5 Gallons

8.5 lb Pale 2-Row Malt

8.0 oz Munich malt

4.0 oz Wheat malt white

8.0 oz CaraVienne malt

4.0 oz 20° L crystal malt

4.0 oz Victory malt

12.0 oz flaked corn

8.0 oz Orange blossom honey (last 10 minboil)

0.5 oz Columbus hops, (60 min)

0.5 oz Columbus hops, (15 min)

.25 oz Columbus hops (10)

0.5 oz Columbus hops, (5 min)

1.25 oz Columbus hops, (0 minutes)

1 oz Citra hops (0 min)

2 oz Centennial hops, (dry)

2 packs S-05

SG 1.066
ImageUploadedByWine Making1493763589.450298.jpg

The corn, citra & 1/2 oz of Columbus were all in the fridge so they got added.

We will see how it turns out

What's an audible, Elmer?

To "call an audible" is a term from American football. It means to alter the intended, agreed-upon plan at the last moment. The quarterback will size up the defensive alignment, and call out an audible signal that alters the intended play. It is now used as a metaphor for a snap decision.

Thanks, Paul.. Living here but still a Scot in the bone.. The only kind of football I watch (and used to play) is the kind where if you touch the ball with your hand it's a foul. :db

Thanks, Paul.. Living here but still a Scot in the bone.. The only kind of football I watch (and used to play) is the kind where if you touch the ball with your hand it's a foul. :db

Weren't you proud of me to specify that it was a term from American football! (And I did know you live here now.)

Bottles. So far there is a great danky- bitterness and a slight hint grapefruit.
Columbus might be my new favorite buttering hop.ImageUploadedByWine Making1495335136.316865.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1495335149.799245.jpgImageUploadedByWine Making1495335161.293871.jpg

So happy with this.
Did not get the dankness I expected From Columbus, but got a great earthy bitterness.
There is a citrus, almost candy like aroma.
It is very drinkable.
Exceeded my expectation
ImageUploadedByWine Making1496447829.290693.jpg

So happy with this.
Did not get the dankness I expected From Columbus, but got a great earthy bitterness.
There is a citrus, almost candy like aroma.
It is very drinkable.
Exceeded my expectation

That fine bead on that white head looks like it would last the whole glass, looks delicious! (and pretty darn clear for it's age)

Latest posts

Back