C-Brite Cleansing/Sanitizing Question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maestro

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
When we bought our winemaking equipment kit the store owner included several little packets of C-Brite with it. He told us that we just needed to use the C-Brite to cleanse and sanitize everything and then use the C-Brite solution to rinse our bottles prior to bottling. Now I am reading a lot here that C-Brite is just a cleanser and not a sanitizer at all. We just rinsed all our bottles with it and have them on the tree drying. Would we be making a mistake by bottling our first batch of wine after rinsing with the C-Brite solution and nothing else? Also, if that is the case and we need to wait to get some k-meta to sanitize, will our wine that has already cleared and stabilized be ok for another week until we can bottle with k-meta sanitized bottles?

It used to be listed as a sanitizer but then Federal laws changed requiring each company to spend 100's of thousands of dollars to get documented an d into writing what everyone already knew and this company just never spent the money. Im not exactly crazy about using it as a sanitizer as it leaves residue that I dont want in my wine, I use the k-meta solution for this as I want that in my wine anyway to protect my wine. Many have used this product for exactly what you are doing and many still do so you are fine.

Latest posts

Back