Buon Vino Mini Jet Wine Filter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdieErnie

Junior
Reaction score
I own a Buon Vino Mini Jet Wine Filter and like it very much. However, I am wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to make the unit more stable? The Mini Jet Wine Filter is very light and the hoses tend to put torque on the stability of the unit. I was thinking of mounting it to a wide flat board to add stability to the unit. Any other suggestions?

I own a Buon Vino Mini Jet Wine Filter and like it very much. However, I am wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to make the unit more stable? The Mini Jet Wine Filter is very light and the hoses tend to put torque on the stability of the unit. I was thinking of mounting it to a wide flat board to add stability to the unit. Any other suggestions?
I just got a Buon Vino Mini Jet. I have not tried it yet and I need to buy filters for it. Would you be able to provide recommendations on where to buy filters (best price / quality) - and which filters you recommend for reds, whites, etc. (I just finished a batch of Dragons Blood and want to filter it before I bottle it). Thank you in advance!!

I bottled my first kit tonight, a pinot grigio, which turned out to taste quite nice at 30 days. Before that, I filtered to a carboy, and my buon vino mini jet wanted to jump around. Also, a bit of the drain pan was overflowing...

I grabbed the closest bucket/pan I could find, a paint tray, and jammed the buon vino in sideways. It didn't move after that, and contained a tiny bit of overflow. Perfect!

I recently purchased a pre-screen filter for my Mini Jet Model # MJT93089-3. Used it to good effect last night. Want to clean it. Looks like the top should screw off, but it won't budge. Does it come off? Assuming so, shall I use a wrench or some other tool? Any counsel?

This was a real frustration for me as well. I used a piece of Wiremold conduit I had laying around to stabilize it. It's not an elegant solution from an engineering standpoint but it has worked well for a few years and prevented a lot of cussing.

Edit: Sorry, Looks like I'm a little late to the party. I didn't realize this thread was over a year old.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2180 (1).jpg
    IMG_2180 (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2182.jpg
    IMG_2182.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Sorry a little off topic,
I bought a buon vino mini jet last week for $20, still in the box and It works.
so I looked at getting some filters for it but they seem pricey
where is the cheapest place to get filter for it.

That's a great deal on the Mini Jet.
Label Peelers has filters for about $3.50 for a 3 pack. It's probably worth checking but shipping to Western Canada might negate any savings.

Back