Bung popped out!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler_S

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am in the process of making the Cellar Craft Amarone Kit.

I am in the clarifying stage and had thought that it was fully degassed. This morning before work I replaced the air lock with a solid bung.

I came home from work today to find the bung laying on the ground. I am assuming it is not fully degassed and the Co2 pushed the bung out.

Should I be worried about oxidization??

It could have sat there for 1-7 hours.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi all!

I am in the process of making the Cellar Craft Amarone Kit.

I am in the clarifying stage and had thought that it was fully degassed. This morning before work I replaced the air lock with a solid bung.

I came home from work today to find the bung laying on the ground. I am assuming it is not fully degassed and the Co2 pushed the bung out.

Should I be worried about oxidization??

It could have sat there for 1-7 hours.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

You should be fine -
Reinstall the the bung with an air lock

You should be fine. Bungs will pop if not dry and seated properly. It may not be gas. Dry the bung and inside neck of carboy if needed, then seat the bung and give it a hard half twist. The half twist will seal it good.

If the gas is gone you can use a solid bung. Yes the neck being wet can lead to it popping out. Clean it like said, install it and you can tape it in with some masking tape wrapped around the bung and neck.

Latest posts

Back