Bummed out

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aunt JoAnn passed about 45 minutes ago, my mom's sister
Dawg
Dawg, I am so, so sorry! This is the second loss in as many weeks. Amazing how the heart can hold so much love and pain. I know you were particularly close to this aunt, and you made her final days much easier with your lovingly, and specially-made SP which helped her sleep peacefully through the nights. My thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family....Dizzy

Dawg. you asked what the original SG was for the SP? It was 1.060 and for three consecutive days it has lingered at 1.022. I don't know whether it is stuck, and if I need to pitch some more EC-1118 OR rack into the secondary. There is no obvious ferment going on, but a thin layer of small particles of foam covering about half the surface of the primary? Any suggestions? Note: I certainly don't want you to take time from your grieving to answer this piddly question, but since you asked about the beginning SG, I wanted to respond. Hang in.......life will eventually look up.......Dizzy

Dawg. you asked what the original SG was for the SP? It was 1.060 and for three consecutive days it has lingered at 1.022. I don't know whether it is stuck, and if I need to pitch some more EC-1118 OR rack into the secondary. There is no obvious ferment going on, but a thin layer of small particles of foam covering about half the surface of the primary? Any suggestions? Note: I certainly don't want you to take time from your grieving to answer this piddly question, but since you asked about the beginning SG, I wanted to respond. Hang in.......life will eventually look up.......Dizzy
your yeast at that SSG ( Starting Specific Gravity ) should of run it dry,,, EC-1118 is the workhorse of yeast,,,, is it in a ferment bucket/barrel, i'd transfer to a carboy top off and airlock it for a 2 or 3 weeks, it's hard to stall EC-1118, what size must in about gallons and how much lemon concentrate in the must?
Dawg

My sincere condolences, my friend. As we grow older, the more people, important to us, we lose.
Thank You, yes you are so right, the older i get the more i wonder why them instead of me, but i just let the lord run on that knowing i'm not promised tomorrow but running my life as if i have 60 more, again Thank You,,
Dawg

your yeast at that SSG ( Starting Specific Gravity ) should of run it dry,,, EC-1118 is the workhorse of yeast,,,, is it in a ferment bucket/barrel, i'd transfer to a carboy top off and airlock it for a 2 or 3 weeks, it's hard to stall EC-1118, what size must in about gallons and how much lemon concentrate in the must?
Dawg
I did as you said and racked it into a 5 gallon glass carboy first thing this morning. The primary ferment was done in a plastic F. bucket (5 gal.) I used the receipe's volume of three, 32 oz. bottles of lime juice. SG is still 1.022 and it is cloudy in color. Cannot taste any hint of alcohol? I might have to do like you and fortify with high proof alcohol. BTW......using the AIO to transfer gassed off alot of CO2.

Latest posts

Back