Mosti Mondiale Bulk aging a Zin kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick c.

Junior
Reaction score
I have an AllJuice Zinfandel that has finished fermenting. Based on what I've read, it will benefit from some additional aging. The instructions say to wait until 8-10 days before bottling to add the clarifiers if you age it, but don't don't offer any guidelines on aging time and temperature. Is colder better, or do I need to try to keep it around 'cellar temperature'? How long should I let this sit, and do I need to add more K Meta during the aging? Thanks!

I would age it at least 6 months. Every 3 months add 1/4 tsp of k-meta. You can age it at room or cellar temp just depends on whare you live (some dont have basements)
Aging self clears the wine. I would add clearing agents at least 2 weeks before bottling

Cellar temps are good but any stable temps are just fine. I dont agree with using the fining agent 8-10 days before bottlng at all. I would either not use it at all or do it now myself cause you want to let them sit and compact for a few weeks and 8-10 days is not enough time for a fining agent to work most of the time either. As far as sulfite goes add 1/4 tsp every 3 months while bulk aging to protect your wine from oxidation.

Thanks for the replies. I'm in GA- my crawlspace is probably around 70F right now, and will be in the low 60s in winter. I have a large kegerator for my homebrew kegs that is at 40F, and very stable- is there any benefit to the lower temperature, or is 'cold' storage bad?

Now I guess I have to make a Welch's wine or something else that I can drink fast. :)

the cooler the temp the slower it ages. You dont want 90* or -60*

Latest posts

Back