Built a wine press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a hugh fan of EZ-DO. This is a food grade polyurethane and comes in gel form. Just wipe it on with a rag. Two coats is all you need. I used this stuf on my press 3 years ago and it still looks as good as new!

Cutting circles on the table saw

Not sure if this is how you cut your circles, but here is a link to a project I did a few years ago where I needed to cut some disks. There's a short blurb at the beginning that describes the jig used. Pretty easy really.

Disks on the table saw

Edited to say: Nice craftsmanship. Good job on that!

Not sure if this is how you cut your circles, but here is a link to a project I did a few years ago where I needed to cut some disks. There's a short blurb at the beginning that describes the jig used. Pretty easy really.

Disks on the table saw

Edited to say: Nice craftsmanship. Good job on that!

In the first pic of your link is how I did it,I watched several you tube videos until I got the concept...

It looks great. Let us know how it works after your first test drive, and post a video if you can.

Really nice job on a fantastic looking press !
I think it should be inside your family room because it appears to be a very fine piece of woodwork. Let us know when you break it in officially

How long does it take to return the press to it's top position? Was just thinking maybe a bolt welded on top to use a ratchet or battery drill to run it up or down. Or could just be the joy of pressing!

Great job you get an atta boy!

We love the new mop bucket idea and will keep in mind in the fall when we make our muscadine when our grapes ripen.

How long does it take to return the press to it's top position? Was just thinking maybe a bolt welded on top to use a ratchet or battery drill to run it up or down. Or could just be the joy of pressing!

Great job you get an atta boy!

Doesn't take that long going up or down,when you are towards the end of the press you put a lot of pressure on it a little at a time not sure a drill would work...

Doesn't take that long going up or down,when you are towards the end of the press you put a lot of pressure on it a little at a time not sure a drill would work...

I was thinking just for the return part. Thinking... gotta stop makes my head hurt :)

building a wine press

Can anyone tell me where to get the Acme threaded rod and nut?
Thanks

Bowman Barnes Distribution carries them as well. Hang on to your wallet when you're ready to order. 1" rod is about a buck and a quarter a foot and the nuts are about 7 bucks each. With that said, don't skimp and by regular rod. it will take forever to return your press to the top.

Last edited:
Back