Buell Blast 2002

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's a really nice bike Tooth, looks like you can throw it round corners nicely.

I just showed the bloke your bike on the buell site.... he's looking at a Laverda SF for sale on the auction site.. it's in bits and currently at $3500..a classic worth restoring... and a cb350 4 for sale at $1500..

now if I can just get him to part with the Rover...

Allie

Yeah... it's a lot of fun. I haven't seen a Laverda in person in the US, but I googled the Laverda SF. Nice looking bike. Why not keep the bike AND the Rover. You can always use the Rover to tow the bikes that aren't running. :h

hehehehe..

the towbar is on the BMW :p

if he gets rid of the Rover.. we can get another 10 bikes in the garage!

(priorities!)

:h

It's such a lovely sunny day here, I dragged the bloke out to have a look in bike shops this morning.. and got me a new helmet to go with the new bike lol..

( I had a helmet but my 17yo son has snaffled it.. he rides a little FXR150 on a learner license, due to get a restricted soon , I think he's after my RZ250 next.!)

Tooth? my bloke rides one of these..

www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-281600158.htm

Allie

She's here!

Buell arrived by biketrans 10 mins ago.. she's gorgeous and I'm off to polish her.. she's already been nicknamed 'the MC' ( short for midlife crisis.. )

only one key so I have to go get a spare cut..any excuse to get out..

and the sun is shining...

Allie

Have bought another bike cheap on the local auction site $916 NZD ( about500 USD?)with a top box and everything, bodywork in excellent condition... picked her up on friday and she's a good little runner.. we are looking at doing a road trip of 7 days to the bottom of the south island and back in December.. oil change/plugs/new fork oil and brake pads she's as good as new..

1987 GPZ Kawasaki 500S

Allie

142567831.jpg

I'm jealous!
I'll just have to put up with my ole hondapottumus till things get much better.
I look at all the new C/R's and think how nice it would be to fly around on one, but we have very few good roads around here.
The biggest elevation change in Florida is just about 80 miles to the east of my house and it's a grade change of about 75 feet vertical in about 5 miles.
Really exciting... :)
I joke with all my G/W buddies about our mountain pass.

I'm surprised to think they would raise the rates of your registration for M/C's over 600cc's. I guess they look at a big bike as a luxury.
QUOTE]

The reasoning is that motorcyclist accidents cost our ACC the most in medical costs.. (regardless that most accidents are caused through driver error (- car driver error that is) Simply not looking before they pull out in front of the motorcyclist.

I've been riding for decades, and have had two major accidents -- both times the accident was caused by a vehicle pulling out in front of me; both times the bike was totalled; and, both times I walked away (thanks to good safety gear and pure luck!).

I've never owned a Buell, but have ridden them several times -- they're fun rides, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

My current ride is an '05 Harley Softail Deluxe -- best riding motorcycle I've ever owned...

I'm jealous!
I'll just have to put up with my ole hondapottumus till things get much better.
I look at all the new C/R's and think how nice it would be to fly around on one, but we have very few good roads around here.
The biggest elevation change in Florida is just about 80 miles to the east of my house and it's a grade change of about 75 feet vertical in about 5 miles.
Really exciting... :)
I joke with all my G/W buddies about our mountain pass.

hehehe...the twisty hills here would get you on that tourer.. really need a naked bike to appreciate them..

You getting out on the honda much? you should add some photos,matey.

just for me!

( bats lashes at you lots)

Allie

I've been riding for decades, and have had two major accidents -- both times the accident was caused by a vehicle pulling out in front of me; both times the bike was totalled; and, both times I walked away (thanks to good safety gear and pure luck!).

I've never owned a Buell, but have ridden them several times -- they're fun rides, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

My current ride is an '05 Harley Softail Deluxe -- best riding motorcycle I've ever owned...

I've had a car pull out in front of me too.. bike written off.. walked away with a scraped boot and a scuffed jacket.. definately had an angel watching over me that time.. you learn to value the angels.

The Buell is great, she's currently my workhorse.. gets me to work and back up the rural roads.. lots of twisties on the way there and home.. I don't want to put lots of miles on her.. which is why I bought the GPZ for the road trip.

Your harley looks a comfortable ride.... but geez.. a 1449cc engine? what on earth do you need that much engine for?

btw.. what colour is it ( red goes faster you know!) and can we have photos?

Allie

I ride almost every day back and forth to town,,, 25 miles one way.
You would be surprised what these Honda Goldwings can handle. Mine has floor boards on her and she doesn't mind a bit scraping them on the road.
The guys with the newer models and foot pegs swear they can do anything they want with them.

Have bought another bike cheap on the local auction site $916 NZD ( about500 USD?)with a top box and everything, bodywork in excellent condition... picked her up on friday and she's a good little runner.. we are looking at doing a road trip of 7 days to the bottom of the south island and back in December.. oil change/plugs/new fork oil and brake pads she's as good as new..

1987 GPZ Kawasaki 500S

Allie

Very exciting looking bike you got there Allie. I'd like to see a picture of you on it with no helmet. Just sitting, not riding!

Will see what I can do Dan..

....am a bit shy, don't like scaring the newbies off...

Allie :bt

Latest posts

Back