Brewin in Boston

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbsantos

SkipG
Reaction score
Hi Folks, I am on day 2 of primary fermentation of WE International Selection kit of NZ Pinot Noir! This is my first batch and I am very excited about learning as much as I can ASAP. I hope to crush some grapes from Chile in the spring, so this is just a practice run.

I have LOADS of questions to post....coming soon.

Steve

Welcome SBS, gad to have you aboard. Are you getting the grapes crushed where you are buying them or do you have a crusher already?

SBS, Welcome
Try to get the Carmenere and malbec grapes.
I gte the Chilean juice and LOVE the two

Forgot to post the link of my local brew shop that sells Chilean grapes..... here it is

http://www.beer-wine.com/

Well, first of all, I really dont have it all planned out yet, however, I can get fresh grapes through my local brewer as they ship grapes directly from Chile once a year. I was planning on destemming and crushing the old fashion way for this first batch. I am shooting for about 10 gallon of finished wine.

Have lots of thoguhts about exteneded maceration and malolactic fermentation and acidity testing etc.......that said I have not even completed my first kit yet!

Steve

Last edited:
100 lbs could be really easy or really hard for destemming. Last year these grapes were just the most beautiful grapes you have ever seen, they were cleaner then any grapes I have ever seen and not tons of stems like usual. Most of the time this will be a ton of work though so be warned.

There is a TON of info posted here on all of what you need. Please take some time and use the search feature here. (yeast profiles, MLF, Wine from grapes and wine juice for just a few)

Latest posts

Back