Brewers Best American Cream Ale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get some more hose after pay day. I've got to get a few things anyway.
Thanks wade

Beer line is measured inside and there is no way you have 3/8". You most likely have 3/16" which is the norm or 1/4" which needs a lower serving pressure and or a much longer line. Serving pressure for 3/16" is usually around 8-10 psi with around an 8-10' hose. You will most likely have to turn your serving pressure down to a lower level with that sort a hose and I hate the fact that almost all companies sell these kits with this hose. Make sure if you have a cobra (picnic) tap that you press it all that way fast or youll really get foam from your beer.

Great info. I made sure the tank was off and I'll turn the pressure way down when serving and turn it up as needed to find a good level. I need to do more research. Kinda just jumped into the keg thing. But better than finding bottles.
I'll find out exactly what kind of tap I'll get when the brother in law tells me he rebuilt his old one. :)

Those work with low pressure. If you turn down the pressure on a full keg, you'll have flat beer in a week. The short tap works great for something you are going to drink in about a day or two. The hose offers resistance to the flow. The beer gets carbed at 12psi and by the time it hits the glass it calms down for a nice pour.

Pablo said:
Those work with low pressure. If you turn down the pressure on a full keg, you'll have flat beer in a week. The short tap works great for something you are going to drink in about a day or two. The hose offers resistance to the flow. The beer gets carbed at 12psi and by the time it hits the glass it calms down for a nice pour.

Then I should order the 10' of tubing. It'll take a bit to drink that much. haha

Ive been begging him to carry more of this type of stuff, I think it would really put him on "The Map" A lot of people dont want to buy grains or yeast from 1 place and some stuff like this from another and Beer making has really really jumped in the past few years. Im on the "Huge Beer forum" and must say you cant fathom the amount of beer makers out there and the money we spend. Beer is made faster and goes faster so the sales would go up fast!

I would order from George before I would order from the local shop, unless I was out that way anyway to stop in.

The Keg supplies are in the works. I can not give you an exact date at this time, but I am working on it.

Brian

Back