Brewers Best American Cream Ale

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xanxer82

Reaction score
Just started this kit. Got the 2.5 gal of water coming to a boil.
This is my first beer. Hoping it comes out good :)
Anyone else make this kit and have suggestions?

The wort is down to about 80 degrees F. Added clean cool water to bring it to 5 gallons US. Waiting for it to cool further so I can pitch yeast.

I made that one last summer and it made a great tasting light beer for easy drinking, but has enough to it to be very tasy and refreshing.

The Brewers Best kits are a very good kitas are the True Brew. I dont like any of the others personally though except for store manufactured clone kits like some other stores make or like Brian can design for you here so dont be shy and put Brian to work!!!!!! He designed me a Magic Hat #9 which is an Apricot Pale Ale and is awesome if you have never tried it.

I like Magic Hat #9 to. I got a newsletter from a local beer blog the other day and it said Magic Hat is actually coming here to my area. That is pretty exciting and a great sign that the craft beer scene is finally materializing in our area.

Racked to glass tonight. Hopefully it clears a bit more. Will wait about a week or so before either kegging or bottling.

20100417_213105_amecrmale.jpg

Wow, that is one light colored beer! Maybe it is just the lighting.

Well I got a neat keg set up from my soon to be brother in law.
It's a soda keg. Cleaned it all up and sanitized. Made the simple syrup and allowed it to cool. Added it to the keg. Racked the beer on top of the syrup in the keg.
Clamped the lid down. Will have to buy some keg lube. That stuff does help make a better seal. It's the same stuff I used in my Smoothie machines when I ran the ice cream shop a shame I didnt grab a few tubes when we closed it down.
Hooked up the CO2 tank. It had only a little gas left. Will try to get more tomorrow.
Hopefully the priming sugar will add some CO2 to help protect it overnight.
Will post some pictures of the setup tomorrow. Hopefully some of you beer guys will be able to take a look and see what I did right or wrong. :)
Pressure is holding steady at 10psi as of now.
It's bedtime!

You are going to be so happy you have this keg- bottling is a pain! I think we are up to 15 kegs right now. We use them for both beer and wine.

Well besides needing to get co2
(gotta wait for thursday/payday) It's set up. My brother in law is rebuilding the tap. So for now it's just carbonating at 10psi

Beer will carbonate faster if it's cold. I usually shoot 30psi in at first to seat the lid and check for leaks. Then I drop them in the cooler and turn it down to 12psi. I can usually drink after a week or two. You'll need to let it age a few weeks too.

Thanks for the info pablo. Our living area has been a steady 55 lately. We have a basement apartment. Eventually I'll get a kegarator. :)

Why did you add sugar? You may over carbonate it by using gas and sugar! Fro what I see on that gauge there is plenty to charge that keg and probably even enough to almost finish serving it all. If you want to naturally carb it then add the sugar and then just a little gas to seat the lid and remove the gas line but having both gas and priming sugar on there is surely going to make our beer over carbed and serve nothing but foam. Unless i am mistaken and you have the gas hooked up but shut off! What size liquid hose do you have? 10' of 3/16" is usually the best typically with about 8-10 psi serving pressure.

I think it's only 3 feet of tubing. 3/8". I'll turn the psi down to 2. Think that will work for serving?

Latest posts

Back