Brew Day with Pics!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you get a chance would you mind PM'ing your oktoberfest recipe to me.
This is... unless it's a secret:wy

and maybe a few of those IPA ones too:dg

I second this! we need a spot to share a few beer recipes for those of us that brew both!

I second this! we need a spot to share a few beer recipes for those of us that brew both!

There is a recipe section on the forum home page. I'm not sure if this includes beer recipes or not.

We could always start a dedicated thread for 'Beer Recipes'.

yeah I've used homebrewtalk a lot they've got some great recipes on that site. it'd be nice to have a small dedicated site on here for a few recipes too, ones that we've tried and had success with. just a thought.

Ill add a subforum to recipes for beer when I get home later. Homebrewtalk is our sister site for those of you who dont know.

Looking good! I'm thinking of making a 10 gal cooler mash tun. What size do you guys use? I need to check out the recipe section too. I'm looking for a good IPA recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Looking good! I'm thinking of making a 10 gal cooler mash tun. What size do you guys use? I need to check out the recipe section too. I'm looking for a good IPA recipe.

My cooler/mash ton is 7.5 gallons... perfect for 5.5 gallon batches!!

Derek,
I use a 10 gal Igloo cooler converted into a mash tun.
I have a few killer IPA recipes.

Thanks guys! Yeah I think I'll go with the ten. Seems like a good size. If you don't mind sending me a killer recipe that would be awesome. You should have a PM from me with my email in it. You guys rock!

Tomorrow evening I get the opportunity to attend a 'cask night' in Victoria BC, tasting one off and unique cask conditioned beers.
Here is the description below:

We're excited to kick off the inaugural Victoria Beer Week with a Cask Night at Victoria Public Market, celebrating craft beer in Victoria and throughout BC. This event will boast around 30 craft breweries – for a complete listing of participating breweries, see below.
Expect special one-off casks, collaborations and special food/beer pairings with some of the fantastic vendors located in the VPM space. Beginning early February, we'll begin revealing some of the beers that will be on tap as well as some of our other surprises.
The $40 ticket get you:
entry to the cask night
10 tokens for beer samples
2 tokens for food samples
1 complimentary Victoria Beer Week sample glass
an amazing time ;)

For those that don't know, Victoria has an amazing brew couture with quite a few excellent brew pubs and micro breweries there.

Last edited:
Sorry guys and gals, I kind of forgot with everything going on here. Ill do it right now!

Latest posts

Back