Brew Belt

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ride0488

Reaction score
I'm currently using a brew belt for my primary fermentation.My basement is only 60 degrees,with the brew belt I'm able to get my fermenter to 72 degrees.It's only in its first day and all seems to be ok. My concern is for secondary fermentation will I be able to use the brew belt on a glass carboy.I've heard that may be a problem.If so what other products are there.Thanks

+1
smiley20.gif

+1 also

A little trick I learned from appleman.....

you can increase your temp by placing the brew belt lower on the fermenter...if the temp gets too high....raise the belt ...

i think of the fermenter in thirds....low, middle, high....place the belt in closer to the bottom and the temp will be higher....place the belt closer to the top and it will be lower

When im making small batches of wine, what I do is put about 6 to 8 one inch long pieces of dow in between the belt and the primary bucket. On a 2 gallon bucket, it would get to hot, so with the air space in between, it works great.

Ive been using it on glass carboys for many years now with no problems at all! Just dont ever put a brew belt on a carboy that is say 32* or something like that as the temp differential could be too much!

I also have a very cold basement - it's about 58 degrees. One brew belt gets me to about 68-69 and seems to work for primary and secondary, but then the night before I plan to start degassing, I have actually put on a second brew belt to get it up to 75-76.

thats what brew belts are for,,,,tools for the job....all the above

Back