Bravo Yeast- Any experience?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Bravo did very well for me. 350ish pounds of Primitivo at 1 Brix last night and pressed today, Brix below -0-. So 7 days to dry. Very nice nose and initial taste. It's in carboys for a few days and then I'll rack into stainless kegs for bulk aging. Very smooth trouble free fermentation. I fed in the standard fashion with Fermaid O. Ended up with 28 gallons of new wine in carboys, hope to have 25 gallons into stainless in a few days. I have about 1L left over so I'm going to drink a glass or two tonight.78871370-B507-420A-9568-61913929BF68.jpegABB6CF6A-2EEB-4282-8D5C-79951B916C8D.jpeg1F33B2BC-1F1E-43A4-8567-54ACE5B10B9B.jpeg

Nice! Brovo is hard at work fermenting my Zin and also my Cab/Merlot Syrah blend. Seems to be moving along nicely, I fed it Fermaid K.

Post up what you think when you're done. I ended up being impressed with it. Quick (though not as quick as Avante), clean smelling, no problems. I anticipate the wine in time will be excellent. I will definitely keep this one in stock.

And, I'll be especially interested in the head to head comparison.

Last edited:
Our Zin blend and Cab blend are pretty much finished ferment. We will be pressing on Saturday. Such different colours for each, the Zin is very purple and the Cab/Merlot/Syrah a very nice dark red.

The Bravo and Avante tanks taste completely different. Hard to explain but the Bravo is less fruity than the Avante and maybe more earthy I would say. Kinda reminds me of using D254 and D80 together In the past. I think they will compliment each other very nicely. All in all, it was a trouble free, clean ferment. Looking forward to the press.

Latest posts

Back