Bravo Yeast- Any experience?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
This Bravo did very well for me. 350ish pounds of Primitivo at 1 Brix last night and pressed today, Brix below -0-. So 7 days to dry. Very nice nose and initial taste. It's in carboys for a few days and then I'll rack into stainless kegs for bulk aging. Very smooth trouble free fermentation. I fed in the standard fashion with Fermaid O. Ended up with 28 gallons of new wine in carboys, hope to have 25 gallons into stainless in a few days. I have about 1L left over so I'm going to drink a glass or two tonight.78871370-B507-420A-9568-61913929BF68.jpegABB6CF6A-2EEB-4282-8D5C-79951B916C8D.jpeg1F33B2BC-1F1E-43A4-8567-54ACE5B10B9B.jpeg

Donz

Reaction score
Nice! Brovo is hard at work fermenting my Zin and also my Cab/Merlot Syrah blend. Seems to be moving along nicely, I fed it Fermaid K.

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
Nice! Brovo is hard at work fermenting my Zin and also my Cab/Merlot Syrah blend. Seems to be moving along nicely, I fed it Fermaid K.
Post up what you think when you're done. I ended up being impressed with it. Quick (though not as quick as Avante), clean smelling, no problems. I anticipate the wine in time will be excellent. I will definitely keep this one in stock.

And, I'll be especially interested in the head to head comparison.

Last edited:

Donz

Reaction score
Our Zin blend and Cab blend are pretty much finished ferment. We will be pressing on Saturday. Such different colours for each, the Zin is very purple and the Cab/Merlot/Syrah a very nice dark red.

The Bravo and Avante tanks taste completely different. Hard to explain but the Bravo is less fruity than the Avante and maybe more earthy I would say. Kinda reminds me of using D254 and D80 together In the past. I think they will compliment each other very nicely. All in all, it was a trouble free, clean ferment. Looking forward to the press.