Bravado

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winerebel

Junior
Reaction score
In my eclipse bravado kit I got two different kind of yeast. Am I suppose to use both, strange? Ec-1118 and Bourgovin rc 212

In my eclipse bravado kit I got two different kind of yeast. Am I suppose to use both, strange? Ec-1118 and Bourgovin rc 212

Yes, they sometimes put in two different yeasts on certain kits. Use both. I'm not always sure why, but I'm sure that they have their reasons.

Man thanks so much, was in the process and this made it come to a stop. I will continue tonight, thanks for quick reply

same here...instructions said if you had two packs of an item to use both UNLESS instructed otherwise. I used both.

I used the 212 and it started up and finished as expected - even in my ~65F basement without the brew belt. Tastes very good as of racking this morning and i just put the kit on 2 sprials of heavy french and one spiral of heavy american oak this morning.

Cheers!
-jb

I think the general recommendation is to use 212 not 1118. Then if your fermentation gets stuck for whatever reason you then have the 1118 to jump start it.

But i aslo feel like they are Purposfully ambiguous in their directions and with the ingredients in order to encourage some level of experimentation and discovery.

Cheers!
-jb

I skipped the included yeast and instead used Lalvin BM 4x4. I added some DAP at the halfway point. My primary fermentation finished after seven days.

Latest posts

Back