Bottling with a Blichman WineEasy?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

we5inelgr

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the evaluation stage of purchasing wine making equipment for my first vintage.

At this time, I'm leaning towards getting a WineEasy system from Blichman.

I had inquired with the manufacturer about using the WineEasy for racking, and they said their pump kit could be used, that I would need a second racking cane.

They also said the pump kit could be used to bottle, but that they didn't make the equipment to do that.

I had originally thought about the 'All-In-One' wine pump, but since I'm probably going to get the WineEasy system, which includes a pump kit, I don't want to spend more on an additional pump system...at least not in the near future.

However, I noticed that Steve makes a Vacuum Wine bottling setup.

Question: Would that work with Blichmanns pump kit to allow for bottling? Or, is there some other set up that could be used? :? The main goals I'm looking for during bottling are the prevention of excessive air contact & waste as well as precision in fill amount (or at least, ease of control of each fill).

I plan to fill anywhere from 5 to 10 cases, at least for the first few years and don't mind filling one by one, at that amount.

Thanks.

I haven't ever used the wineeasy setup as it just seemed to be a whole bunch of money, compared to a few food grade trash cans and a press. The allinonewinepump does bottling just straight out of the box. I also am not sure you could ferment, then clear and agree on the wineeasy, but I could be wrong about that. So you would need to put the wine into something else at some point. I have to admit I haven't paid a whole bunch of attention to the product and could be wrong.

@ we5inelgr
I would suggest contacting me direct on my homepage under contact - I will try and answer all your questions and concerns you may have.

You will have the least air contact as you will be bottling under vacuum - It will work with the Blichmann WineEasy Vacuum Press Kit - best if you get ahold of me so we can make sure that you have the correct fittings and all

Awesome, thanks Steve. I'll contact you in the coming days/weeks when I'm ready to purchase the equipment.

Very glad to hear your Vacuum Wine bottling setup will work with the Blichmann Vacuum Press Kit to facilitate bottling. :h

Just found this thread and since I have both a Wineasy and an all in one, I thought I'd give my perspective. I used the blichman pump for bottling for 4 seasons and put together all the fittings, hoses and bungs. It is a bigger pump than is needed, so you need to regulate the vacuum.

The all in one is tried and true, comes with everything you need and no searching for the bits and pieces. It has a holder for the overflow and it's a nice piece of equipment for the winery.

It's like having two different sized hammers in the tool box. If you use it enough, it sure is nice to have the right tool for the job.

Back