Quantcast

Bottling session #2

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

JohnT

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last Saturday, I had my second bottling session. We ending up bottling 54 cases.

We started around 10am and finished up around 2 pm. 54 cases in 4 hours! Not bad since this was the "B" team (the "A" team was last time).

We bottled out my 2015 chardonnay. I ran a filter from the tank to a holding tub, where two enolmatic bottle fillers went to town. I had a full complement of people to help, a total of 14 people. We sipped, we worked, we laughed, and we chowed down on all of the food that folks brought.

What a great time! Just one more BIG session to go and I am ready to crush!

Mismost

Reaction score
JohnT....as a veteran sausage maker, once you break the 75 pound batch line, it often goes from great time had by all to The Polish Sausage Death March of 2016. I did six cases a few weeks back by myself and it quickly changed from happy hobby to real work! But, I have never had 14 helpers either....that makes it sound so much nicer.

But....when does it approach "Oh my Gosh what was I thinking" stage for you with your mass quantities!

stickman

Veteran Winemaker
Reaction score
JohnT it sounds like you have a good group of people to work with, I've got a lot of people willing to help with the drinking, but I can only scrape up two that are willing to share the work.

JohnT

Super Moderator
Reaction score
JohnT it sounds like you have a good group of people to work with, I've got a lot of people willing to help with the drinking, but I can only scrape up two that are willing to share the work.
Stop giving the wine away. Only give it out AFTER the bottling crew is finished.

Latest posts