Bottling comments.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WineYooper

Reaction score
Just finished bottling 5 gal of blackberry and was disappointerd with the italian two handled lever corker I got with the starters kit. Had my corks soaking in sulfite solution for 30 minutes and things were going ok at this point. Started filling and found the corks only went in so far as to leave about 3/8 to 1/2 inch sticking out and looks bad, tried to adjust and found the real problem seemed to be the neck grippers slipped on the bottle when I got past the horizontal point on the levers. Added some duct tape for fillers on the grippers and it seemed to help some but never got the corks in where I think they should be. I did try to do it in one fluid motion and the grippers still slipped. I am not going to try to beat these in further as I have read others have done. Read through threads on the forum and found that some had similar or no problem. At this point I am considering going to the floor corker. Either way it didn't affect the taste of the wine. Still good!!!!

If you intend on continuing to make wine, go get a floor corker and get that double lever thing to some one

LOLOLO I gave it to a guy on Brew site who paid shipping. I told him they suck but he took it anyway

Yep, that's what I thought. I look at this thing and wonder how in the world can they get the $88 it's listed for in the catolog I have. I guess it's the buyer beware thing. It's probably worth the mfg cost but the performance falls far short of what I expect for the cash. Thank god I got it in the starter kit for probably and upgrade as a gift. I guess it is another lesson learned for me and I should really pay attention to this forum to experience talking. Thank you to all the senior people and moderators for your input!

Latest posts

Back