Just finished bottling 5 gal of blackberry and was disappointerd with the italian two handled lever corker I got with the starters kit. Had my corks soaking in sulfite solution for 30 minutes and things were going ok at this point. Started filling and found the corks only went in so far as to leave about 3/8 to 1/2 inch sticking out and looks bad, tried to adjust and found the real problem seemed to be the neck grippers slipped on the bottle when I got past the horizontal point on the levers. Added some duct tape for fillers on the grippers and it seemed to help some but never got the corks in where I think they should be. I did try to do it in one fluid motion and the grippers still slipped. I am not going to try to beat these in further as I have read others have done. Read through threads on the forum and found that some had similar or no problem. At this point I am considering going to the floor corker. Either way it didn't affect the taste of the wine. Still good!!!!