Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine Wine

Reaction score
Just found these..will they work for wine???

Attachments

• IMG_20200120_203416.jpg
    IMG_20200120_203416.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
I have some like that- they should be fine as long as your corks fit correctly. i use my more decorative bottles like this with liqueurs and a tasting cork or pourer top. I had to get two sizes of top, don't remember which fit this bottle shape.

I have some like that- they should be fine as long as your corks fit correctly. i use my more decorative bottles like this with liqueurs and a tasting cork or pourer top. I had to get two sizes of top, don't remember which fit this bottle shape.
Awesome! I was planning to get better corks..these look a bit short and I don't know how old they are. 3 of the bottles still have shrink wrap on them but... Thanks for the reply!

The main problem is whether there is enough inner neck surface for your cork, or if the inner surface changes enough to catch a cork and make it hard to remove.

Real wine bottles are so available and so correct, why would you want to use these? If you're determined to use these, measure the cork bore. If it's the same as normal wine bottles, use without issue. But if the size is wrong (and I'm guessing that it is), don't bother. In any case, don't use those corks in the picture.

Hey There, I agree with @sour_grapes. I wouldn't use these for any type of long-term storage. Possibly for barrel top-ups or as a reserve for between rackings. The short corks will allow too much oxygen to get to the wine over time.

Suhshine, I agree with those that caution against using those bottles. If you want to decant a bottle of wine into them for serving, that would be okay, but not for storage. I have several bottles similar to yours for which I purchased pourers and I use them for flavored olive oils and vinegars.

Ok... Was planning to get regular corks to put in them, but won't bother...thanks....

Back