Bottled first batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fermenter

Reaction score
The first batch of my homegrown Norton wine is in the bottles. Time and shortage of space and equipment doesn't allow me to bulk age very long. The only thing I added to this first try is some sugar to bring up the brix to proper level. Initial taste sampling isn't too bad. 5 Vines, 6 bottles.

The first batch of my homegrown Norton wine is in the bottles. Time and shortage of space and equipment doesn't allow me to bulk age very long. The only thing I added to this first try is some sugar to bring up the brix to proper level. Initial taste sampling isn't too bad. 5 Vines, 6 bottles.
If you haven't yet, add potassium sorbate. Without it, your wine will likely continue to ferment in the bottles and could blow their corks and make a big mess. Six bottles isn't that many to uncork, add k sorbate, let clear, and then rebottle.

I did add the K-meta, about a month in a larger carboy, so a little bulk age. I didn't see any further fermentation or co2. I guess I could back up and add sorbate if necessary.

Fairly sure that's where I'm at. Now ready to move on to a batch of beer for the wife. Then another wine kit.

Back