Bottle sparger

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onlyreds

Reaction score
I make around 75 gallons of wine every year and decided it was time to invest in a sparger. I got tired of my wines going bad after just a couple years. I looked all over and the only unit I found was over $450. That's just out of reality for me. Then I found one. A small company out of Ohio started making a 2 bottle sparger that does exactly what I needed at a price that makes sense. Evergreen Midwest. Search their site for "sparging-unit" and BAM. There it is. I'm always on the lookout for affordable equipment additions to up my game and this addition changes everything.

The question has to be asked... Why are your wines going bad in a couple years? I've never felt the need to have a bottle sparger and my wines from 6 years ago are still fine.

The question has to be asked... Why are your wines going bad in a couple years? I've never felt the need to have a bottle sparger and my wines from 6 years ago are still fine.

Same with me. No issues with going bad after 5-6 years. Might be an issue with your process.

I'm always on the lookout for ways to elevate my process. The ambient air in bottles pre-fill becomes compressed into solution at corking. Perhaps your process involves higher SO2 levels than I'm willing to go. I believe sparging is a better alternative. There must be a reason commercial fillers sparge just prior to filling. Do you think there's a flaw in their process, or is it a decision based on science?

Latest posts

Back