Bottle Numbering

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HenryMae

The Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever numbered there bottles in a batch?
For example:
30 bottles bottled
Label states 1 of 30...2 of 30...and so on

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I have not either...I do not label mine either, i just buy the neck tags, and write the date there bottled and what they are.
I bottled 18 gallons today, thats about 2 ink cartridges, heck with that..and then i am just going to scrape them off and re use the bottle...

I have not either...I do not label mine either, i just buy the neck tags, and write the date there bottled and what they are.
I bottled 18 gallons today, thats about 2 ink cartridges, heck with that..and then i am just going to scrape them off and re use the bottle...

James
I use a paint marker to label mine for personal consumption. It comes off really easy with paint remover or citrus sol or something similar

James I use one of those to identify an entire batch on in the wine cellar. Everyone of my bottles get labeled. I spend all that time making the wine, I want my bottle to look just as presentable when I pull one out for dinner with guests or even myself. Steve what is the app for that just out of curiosity.

The only one I know that numbers bottles is when a winery makes something really extrodinary and they are going to auction some of for a benefit or they are going to use it as a selling feature on something really great that will age well like a port.

Avery 5267 (or comparable) return address labels. Enough room for type and date

Geek
Avery makes a nice shipping tag with wire that can hold the tag around the neck

The avery part # is 11011

I have the Sure Cuts a lot program with a usb hookup to my Cricut, so I can cut virtually anything I dream up. I've got a lot to do tonight, but I may get around to it. If I do, I'll post some pics

Back to the OP, anyone number their bottles per batch?

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I do not number my bottles. For the most part, they are all the same. I do mark the last bottle as "last" because it just might have some sediment in it. However, since I filter all of mine, it's unlikely---I'm just a little anal about it.

Latest posts

Back