Bottle Filling with All In One Wine Pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shdixon

Reaction score
Here's a short video of wine bottle filling with the All In One Wine Pump. We filled and corked 150 bottles (5 carboys) Sunday in about 3 hours. Could not have done that many without the Wine Pump and our floor corker. On Saturday we filtered all 5 carboys with a filter attached to the All In One Wine Pump. It was a breeze. Enjoy!

Very nice. I’d read some info on soaking corks. I haven’t found any cork manufacturers that recommend doing it that way.

Very nice. I’d read some info on soaking corks. I haven’t found any cork manufacturers that recommend doing it that way.
The container is small so only a small quantity are in the solution at one time. I would say we cork a bottle every 10 seconds so the corks are not in there that long. We have been corking this way since we started making wine about 3 years ago. I can check our records but I'd say we have corked 600-700 bottles this way. No issues. If you have any articles about the proper way to sanitize corks I would appreciate the link.

Here is one take on the should you soak. I couldn't find the video spoken of before. https://winemakermag.com/223-cork-questions-wine-wizard.

Bottom line is that soaking a cork doesn't sanitize it. It just gets it wet. I order my corks by the 500 or 1000, break the bag into 100s or so, add little kmeta powder, seal it up removing the air.

Here is one take on the should you soak. I couldn't find the video spoken of before. https://winemakermag.com/223-cork-questions-wine-wizard.

Bottom line is that soaking a cork doesn't sanitize it. It just gets it wet. I order my corks by the 500 or 1000, break the bag into 100s or so, add little kmeta powder, seal it up removing the air.

Where do you find 500 quantities? 100 is not enough and 1000 is too many.

The container is small so only a small quantity are in the solution at one time. I would say we cork a bottle every 10 seconds so the corks are not in there that long. We have been corking this way since we started making wine about 3 years ago. I can check our records but I'd say we have corked 600-700 bottles this way. No issues. If you have any articles about the proper way to sanitize corks I would appreciate the link.

You should definitely post that video to the AllinOne website.
The method I use now i learned from this forum. The “Corkador”. Adding your corks into
an empty bucket containing an open container of sulfite solution and snap the lid tight. The gas released from the solution sanitizes the corks. The strong odor upon removing the lid is enough confirmation for me. IMG_6602.jpg

Back