Bottle Filler with Blichmann Wine Easy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinb

Reaction score
I haven't bottled wine in a few years. The last time I did bottle, I used the AIO pump and it worked great. Unfortunately, I don't have that pump anymore. I do have a Blichman Wine Easy set up with its own vacuum pump. Does anyone know of a way that I can use that pump to fill bottles?

Just order the necessary bung (double-hole bung that fits a wine bottle, with the bent “filling tube” and vacuum line connection), or make your own, and possibly hose from @vacuumpumpman. The vacuum release valve would be necessary too for bottle-filling, and the precision valve helps control the fill-rate.

That Blichmann WineEasy system looks awesome! I’ll have to save up for one. Careful if you use that vacuum pump for degassing — it looks like it can pull close to a complete vacuum, which can boil ethanol, or even water, at room temperature (about 28” and 29”, respectively). You wouldn’t want to lose any of that ethanol the yeast worked so hard to make for you, would you? Lol.

I haven't bottled wine in a few years. The last time I did bottle, I used the AIO pump and it worked great. Unfortunately, I don't have that pump anymore. I do have a Blichman Wine Easy set up with its own vacuum pump. Does anyone know of a way that I can use that pump to fill bottles?
simple solution = wine bottling setup = 40 dollars

Doing lots of siphon racking is not fun. What is your opinion on the Wine Easy? pros/cons?

Just order the necessary bung (double-hole bung that fits a wine bottle, with the bent “filling tube” and vacuum line connection), or make your own, and possibly hose from @vacuumpumpman. The vacuum release valve would be necessary too for bottle-filling, and the precision valve helps control the fill-rate.

That Blichmann WineEasy system looks awesome! I’ll have to save up for one. Careful if you use that vacuum pump for degassing — it looks like it can pull close to a complete vacuum, which can boil ethanol, or even water, at room temperature (about 28” and 29”, respectively). You wouldn’t want to lose any of that ethanol the yeast worked so hard to make for you, would you? Lol.
KC..............On a separate note..................thankyou for your PM: duly noted............................Dizzy

Doing lots of siphon racking is not fun. What is your opinion on the Wine Easy? pros/cons?
If it’s just for racking, degassing, and/or bottling, the AllInOne would be better value and more suitable. Although I have no experience with it, the WineEasy looks like its primary purpose is for pressing and fermenting. The vacuum is used to cause atmospheric pressure to press the fruit. With the statements mentioned above you could also use it for racking, degassing, and bottling.

Latest posts

Back