Bottle Defect Prompts Beer Recall

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
BOSTON - The brewer of Samuel Adams beer is recalling selected bottles of beer that may contain tiny bits of glass.

Boston Beer Co. said Monday that the recall comes after routine inspections at a company brewery in Cincinnati found defects in 12-ounce beer bottles made by a third-party supplier. Inspectors discovered that grains or bits of glass could break off and possibly fall into the bottle.

Fewer than one in 100 of the bottles from the Cincinnati plant are believed to be defective.

The Sam Adams beers affected by the recall have a special marking on the base of the bottle. The marking has the letter "N" followed by the number 35, followed by the letters "OI."

Boston Beer says there are no reports of any injuries to consumers.

I don't have any San Adams in the fridge right now but I wonder how many of those I have drank. Jim is a stand up guy. Knowing him he'll give you 6 good beers for one defective.

smurfe said:
I don't have any San Adams in the fridge right now but I wonder how many of those I have drank. Jim is a stand up guy. Knowing him he'll give you 6 good beers for one defective.

Hopefully you won'tneed those 6 to wash the glass on through
smiley36.gif

The beer guys are very carefull with their glass bottles and really are very cautious. Last year I got a couple hundred bottles and could have had a lot more but saw no need for any more. A local brewery had a pallet full of bottles slip off the forklift just a bit and they were throwing out the whole skid of bottles. They didn't want to chance any broken glass. As I use them I examine them and have only found 2 bottles with very small chips taken out, which would have been cleaned in the bottle rinsing.

Latest posts

Back