Bottle and carboy cleaning equipment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgmann67

Rennaisance Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been making wine for about three years and my arsenal of equipment has expanded substantially. The most time consuming and probably least fun part of the process is prepping bottles for use and cleaning up carboys transfers.

Steve at AIO seems to price his equipment exactly where my wife and I set our budgets for Christmas gifts for each other, and I've been contemplating one of his bottle washer/sanitizer setups with a filter attachment.

Who has one and how do you like it? Do you get the use out of it that you thought you would?

Last edited:
I've got one and love it.

And I use mine all the time, I'll sanitize 8 to 12 cases at a time and leave a little kmeta/citric acid solution in the bottle and cap it with a synthetic t cork

I have one and love the durn thing. I use it every time before bottling something. I mix up about 2 gallons of sanitizer and clean out all the bottles really well. Then after I clean the dirty carboys, I give them a final clean up with the tool. I also have used the pump as a way to move wine out of carboys. I often make 18-24 gallons of wine from grapes and every other time I rack I mix it all together back into my fermenting trash cans to get a consistent taste across all of it.

I also have used the pump as a way to move wine out of carboys. I often make 18-24 gallons of wine from grapes and every other time I rack I mix it all together back into my fermenting trash cans to get a consistent taste across all of it.

Funny, I have 24 gallons of wine in 4 carboys that I'll be blending next fall. I didn't even think of pumping it back in to a primary to get a consistent blend. Nice!

Steve at AIO seems to price his equipment exactly where my wife and I set our budgets for Christmas gifts for each other, and I've been contemplating one of his bottle washer/sanitizer setups with a filter attachment.
Jim, I think your wife has a pretty good job, she should be spending more on you for all the stuff you put up with, right? :)

Remind me to wear a bullet proof vest next time I show up...

Back