Book for Beginners

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
Here is a quick reference book on Winemaking. :h

[PDF] The Home Winemaking Book by Michiel PesgensFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Michiel Pesgens. The Home Winemaking Book. 2. Preface. The basis of this book was the content of my internet page "The Home Winemaking Page". The root of ...
http://www.homebrewit.com/winebook.pdf

Last edited:
Tom, thanks for the post. That is the text I used to learn with when I started. I need to drag out my old laptop and see if I still have all of the pages like that saved on it. I had quite a few different recipe and instruction pages like that saved.

There are a few more PDF wine books around. If any other members has one post here.

Great stuff Tom, smurfe. you could edit it you just have tohit edit then go advanced.

Add me to those who can't spell.( been tipping a few already with this 90* heat...I know there are many. You can delete the thread and CORRECT the spelling.
Watch out
DA SPEELINNG POLEICE IS WORKING ! ::

Great stuff Tom, smurfe. you could edit it you just have tohit edit then go advanced.

Yup, you are correct. I have been looking through the admin panel where it used to be. Couldn't find it there. Figured they did away with it. There they go making this thing easier to use and it confuses me even more.

I send an e-mail to Michiel Pesgens (Mipeman) a few days ago as the site you are referring to (geocities) is closing down later this year.

I hope he is notified and moves his book and wine-calculator to another site as soon as possible. In the meantime download the info the site offers before it is gone.

There is another book at Geocities, the one from Lum Eisenmann:
http://www.geocities.com/lumeisenman/contents.html

I also send and e-mail to Lum, but the mail bounced.
So I do hope that anyone can contact these guys and notify them that their sites will be gone in a few months.

It would be a shame if the invaluable information, these guys have provided us with, would be lost.

Luc

Here is a quick reference book on Winemaking. :h

[PDF] The Home Winemaking Book by Michiel PesgensFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Michiel Pesgens. The Home Winemaking Book. 2. Preface. The basis of this book was the content of my internet page "The Home Winemaking Page". The root of ...

At a first glance this appears to be quite an informative book.i will go in detail and give a more knowledgeable feedback.

Another book
The Wine Makers Answer Book
by Alison Crow
Columnist for WineMaker
Check www.Amazon.com thats where I got mine.

Thanks tom i would go through this too.at present i am hungry or rather thirsty for some deeper knowledge in wine making,so any input is more than welcome!

Well here you will find alot of very knowledgeable winemakers. What have you made or plan on making.
Also,where you from?

Your welcome. best way to get any wine questions answered is ASK here.
Welcome to the forum.

The links didn't work for me. I'm reading everything I can about wine making without trying to break my bank, which right now has no reserves.

Sorry Looks like they closed down the server. We knew it was comming just not when.

Luc, Have you heard where they moved to?

Thanks all. That ought to keep me busy reading for awhile. I'm throwing myself full fledged into this. I have 5 to 7 acres of land that I want to eventually slowly over time plant with grape vines that will grow in West Central Indiana (can't afford to plant quickly).

Latest posts

Back